Monday, December 25, 2006

Harmony

Ok people I am tired. Tired of people who think they are better than me. Tired of people not wanting to get along. Tired of fighting life. Tired of constantly go uphill. There are people who think that their way is the only way. This is Dictionary.com's definition of harmony. There are people who need to pay attention to #4:

har·mo·ny [hahr-muh-nee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun, plural -nies.
1.agreement; accord; harmonious relations.
2.a consistent, orderly, or pleasing arrangement of parts; congruity.
3.Music.
a.any simultaneous combination of tones.
b.the simultaneous combination of tones, esp. when blended into chords pleasing to the ear; chordal structure, as distinguished from melody and rhythm.
c.the science of the structure, relations, and practical combination of chords.
4.an arrangement of the contents of the Gospels, either of all four or of the first three, designed to show their parallelism, mutual relations, and differences.

Note that harmony is not multiple instruments/voices all singing the same note, it is multiple instruments/voices singing different notes. Harmony enriches music and enriches our lives.

I have straight friends, gay friends, bi, black, white, mexican, male, and female friends. They are all my friends. I see just those who share common interests and enjoy my company. They see me just as me.

I miss the simple days of my childhood. Colin Cowherd made a fabulous point this week on his show, "Compartmentalization is an adult trait. We are the ones who put limitations on each other. I can't hang with you, I'm a Eagles fan, your a Giants fan. I work for this company, you work for that company. I like Japanese art, you like Classic American. You know how my 6 year old daughter chooses her friends? She picks the kids who like to jump on the bed as much as she does. Wanna jump on the bed? Sure!!!" Amen brother. (See you guys think I'm just obsessed with sports, I get a lot of philosophy here and there too.)

Happy Holidays to those who care.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heathlee said...

I liked your description of Harmony..I had never thought of it that way, very insightful. Thanks for visiting :)

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home